Jon Favreau makes speech-writing sound really easy. I had the pleasure of hearing him talk at a seminar two years ago. While I continue to learn the essence of a good speech, I’m sharing what I learn with you. Here are some of Jon’s tips:
- Tell a story. Your story is more important than slogans.
- Keep it simple – As short as possible and use simple words.
- Discuss counterarguments during your speech or presentation. Don’t wait for the Q&A.
- Empathy is an important skill. REALLY know your audience.
- Inspire – Capture the hearts of your audience.